Pages

Tuesday, February 25, 2014

The Last Vapors of February..

As February draws to a close, I'm reflecting on highs and lows this month.  I am finishing up "week 5" of my C210K program tomorrow.  This is a 14 week program, and I'm still feeling pretty committed!  I've done a few "strength" workouts, knowing I need to build up my core and general endurance.

I started with the highs... but I still find myself struggling with food!  I have defeated myself by making a couple of extremely healthy things that I really didn't care for.  I have got to figure out how to cook this stuff so it tastes good!  I love the veggies sauteed with the "natural" version of soy sauce... what's it called...??  Liquid Aminos (I had to go look).

However, I tried to make "coconut rice", and it tasted like dirt.  I tried "tempeh"- I don't even know if I spelled that right.  It tasted icky, and it was really expensive!  I messed up my first attempt at making hummus.  Ugh, this trial and error of finding things I find palatable could end up costing a small fortune!

I really feel like- rather than getting myself overwhelmed with the all-or-nothing trap (I LOVE to use that one as an excuse!!), I need to keep baby stepping.  I got the feeling (again) that if I wasn't doing it according to the Daniel Plan recipes, I was failing anyway- and I have been going hog wild- letting the good veggies go bad in the fridge while I pigged out on popcorn, frozen pizzas, and "protein bars" (really just glorified candy bars- not the healthy ones).

So, here's to the beginning of March- which will begin with my first 5k on the first day of the month!! And here's to looking forward to "better".

Refocus, relax, have fun....

FOCUS (continually) IN FOURTEEN  

No comments:

Post a Comment