Pages

Friday, May 30, 2014

I Bite off More Than I can Chew..

And I do it on a regular basis!

I have allowed "Gluten Free" to stop my progress!  I have looked at blogs, websites, I have 3 books from my local library, I have an audiobook (word of advice- nonfiction/self-help stuff is NOT entertaining to listen to when you're used to mystery/adventure pumping directly into your eardrums!), and I am overwhelmed and frozen.

This is what happens when things are too big for me to easily comprehend.

Deep breath... and.... it's ok.  Well, with God's help it will be, anyway.

Baby Steps.

I found a jewel in my devotions this morning.  It was from Rick Warren, based on The Daniel Plan.  He advised me (and yes, I feel like he was talking directly to ME) to stop doing stuff that is good so that I can do what is best.  It makes such perfect sense.  I am so worried about all this "stuff", and while I'm worried and stressing out about it, I am going out to eat 3 times a week and bringing home Big Macs to eat at 8pm for supper.  I am stress-eating, and eating far more than my body actually desires.

What is best for me right now? Well, I can tell you, eating at home at least 80% of the time would be best.  I have to stop getting bogged down in looking for "the cure" and "the answers".  They aren't in a book.  They aren't, in fact, on this earth.

So, once again, I am backing up... putting the horse back in front of the cart (instead of trying to carry the horse and the cart with a Big Mac in my hand), and I am going to continue making baby steps.  Perhaps there is a specific food item that we should eliminate and replace with another, healthier, more natural option.

That sounds like a great place to start for us!

I apologize for my lack of follow through, but honesty wins out- and this is just too much for my brain to comprehend right now.

Efforts will be made, baby steps will be taken, but a magical change on the first day of summer vacation just isn't going to happen.

Keeping it simple, sweetie! (KISS)

(I Googled this image.  The link where I found it is here)


No comments:

Post a Comment