Pages

Saturday, October 26, 2013

This is a 10 Minute Afternoon!

Well, it's one of those days...  I guess it's time to look forward to the next 10 minutes.  I'm a capable girl. Sometimes.  I'm confident I can do something for 10 minutes.  Some days are just "10 minute days".  Shoot, let's be honest. Some days, I need to have 7 minute days.

What is a "10 Minute Day", you ask?  It's a day when I feel like I'm wading through quicksand and need a kick in the pants!  I have this timer... it's called the Screaming Meanie (the link takes you to the Amazon site where I got this image and purchased my timer!)


Holy guacamole, it's loud.  I love it!  I set the timer for 10 minutes, and I commit to working on ONE thing in that time.  That means I will not wander out of the room or get sidetracked for those 10 minutes!  Like I said, sometimes I feel so sidetracked that I need to start with 7 minutes on my timer.

It's funny, though, because I usually make it through just a couple of timed sessions before I start working on my own.  Like I said, it gives me a kick in the pants and helps get me started.

Sometimes, I have taken a before & after shot of just how much I can accomplish in 10 minutes. I took a picture before & after my first 10-minute round today.  It's not perfect, but these two spaces are much better!



Do you have tricks to get your mind working in the direction you need to go?  I'd love to hear all about them- feel free to share them in the comments section!



No comments:

Post a Comment