Pages

Tuesday, November 5, 2013

2014 Planner

Yesterday, I found some paper I kind of liked, so I decided to try my hand at making the cover for my 2014 planner.

I was clearing clutter a month or so ago and emptied a black binder (8.5x5.5-type), so a few weeks ago, I got these 2-page per day planner refills (click the link to check them out. I love Office Max!).  The plain black binder, however, was boring!  So, of course, I decided I needed to spruce it up!  Please note: I am not a crafty person.  My sisters are crafty and artsy and talented and lovely... me? Not so much :)  Which is why I am so proud that I made the perfectionist in me just sit down and shut up for a while.

The nice thing about doing this? Oh, there are a few perks- let me make a list!

  1. I love looking at paper, so choosing the paper was a mental health break for me!  It was $5.00 for a whole ream of these coordinating scrapbook papers, so I have lots to keep in my supply drawer!
  2. I was pretty stressed out last night (over something I probably shouldn't have reacted to so strongly), so launching this project was a great way to take my mind off things.
  3. Let's face it, I am a binge eater.  There, I said it "out loud".  I struggle with this every day (not purging, folks- just binging. This means I rapidly consume excessive amounts of food.).  I do this more often when I feel stress (my choices- poor, but I own them). This little project probably saved me about 800 calories worth of candy and junk last night.  Heck, thinking about it that way, I would have paid $10 for the paper....
  4. What if I have this cover for three months and decide I hate it? I can simply slide it out, throw it away and make or add a different one!  See, I allowed myself this idea so I didn't obsess about having to have the "perfect" cover. And guess what?? It got DONE!!!  I didn't just think about it and plan it until June of 2014. (woot!! Superwoman Moment!)
Now, if I can keep finding "things" to accomplish after the kids go to bed, maybe I can replace my bad eating habits with positive, Superwoman-like changes!

I also want to share my "21" progress with you:  I have managed to get 3 straight days of exercise!!  My goal is at least 10 minutes of heart-elevating movement each day.  So far, so good,  This is the first time in almost a year that I've had 3 days of exercise in a row.  I have a feeling this "21" is going to be my hardest one yet- because I'm stubborn- but I'll keep working on it, because I want it to be a habit for a lifetime!




No comments:

Post a Comment