Pages

Thursday, November 21, 2013

The 5K Experience

AT&T came to our house today to fix our DSL outage.  Thankfully, the problem was "outside", so it was a FREE repair!  *happy dance*

I have been dying to post a couple of pictures from our 5k on Saturday (November 16th).  My beautiful sister AND some of her family came to run it with us.  As it turns out, this was the perfect race for my sister to cut her teeth on!!  She won a medal in her very first 5k!  I was so incredibly blessed to be a part of that whole experience- to see her face when she crossed the finish line was a moment I will never forget.  My brother-in-law also won a medal in his age group!  How awesome is that?!  I keep joking that I brought in "ringers" from out of town.

And then there's my sweet daughter Kyra.  She was amazing, and I wish I could have talked her in to going ahead of me much sooner than I did, because I think she could have finished with a significantly better time!  I am so honored to be part of that whole experience for her.

And what could make it even better, you ask??  My other daughter (who has professed to "hate" running) has decided that she will participate in the spring session of GOTR.  If you are not familiar with Girls On The Run, please click HERE to learn more.  This program is amazing, and it has made a positive impact in my little girl's life (and will soon make an impact on my other little girl's life, too!).








No comments:

Post a Comment