Pages

Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Laziness Devotional

I am finding a desire to study the Bible. Of course, being a habitual thinker and "starter" (NOT "finisher")I want to research where to begin from here to Kingdom Come (bad pun, I know).  I caught myself, though, and remembered one of my beloved FlyLady mantras about jumping in right where you are!  I found some free devotionals online- and I thought they would be great for me! The first title I downloaded is called "Laziness", the second is "Overeating"... you can see where this is going.

I got about halfway through the Laziness devotional, and I couldn't keep going.  I feel lazy on a pretty regular basis.. and this devotional was just crushing me!  It was totally focused on the BAD.  I don't even know if I can make sense of this, because I agree that laziness is bad, but to offer 12 citations in Proverbs that only re-word how BAD laziness is... well, folks, that's what I call "beating me down"- I want something that mentions how God feels about laziness, but then I want actions, steps, ENCOURAGEMENT to move toward change instead of giving me 12 versions of  "laziness is bad, mmkay?"

We happened to be at the library today, and I happened to remember the Dewey Decimal guide... so I wandered over to the devotionals (242 is where I went) and got "Purpose Driven Life".  I have heard much but read none of it yet!  I hope it's a good place to start again!

Tonight, I am going to bed as soon as I am done here- my first day of volunteering at school is tomorrow!

I have done ALL of my bedtime routine! WOOHOO!! Go me :)
I fixed the fence in back of the boys' pasture, I fixed their cattle panel, too!
I weighed the cria
I took more pictures of the cria
I cleaned out the dog kennel (washed it down and everything!)
I did laundry (2 loads)
Took DS to soccer
Homework is done
Time for bed now!

Oh, and I also found out that I missed an ad for the contest on Sunday- so I went and fished out the paper and cut it out!  I think I might hang it on the fridge :)

No comments:

Post a Comment