Pages

Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Practice Makes... Better.

Oh, what a weekend!  Sunday was absolutely beautiful- cool, sunny, and perfect for our Girls On The Run (GOTR) "Practice 5k".  My daughter promptly left her "running buddy" (moi) in the dust.  I was blown away and as proud of my baby girl as I could ever be!  She's one of the youngest ones, one of the smallest ones, and also one of the fastest ones!  She finished at least 2.5 minutes ahead of me!  I can't wait to see what she can do at the "real" GOTR 5k in sbout 3 weeks!

Yesterday (I know, it was Monday, not the weekend), DH and I finished closing the pool. *sad face*  I loved our pool for the month we got to use it, and I can't WAIT to open it again!

I am not doing well on my "21", folks.  Mental block?  Asking too much of myself?  Not knowing what to count as "activity"?  I think I need to put it on the calendar.  I think that would help my commitment. Maybe.  I was outside and active yesterday, but I can't think of a time that I did "10 minutes of heart-elevating exercise". I am SO frustrating sometimes.

I found a picture today from one of my Pinterest boards:


My original source for the above image:  http://beautyover30.tumblr.com/

I have been having days that I feel just like this, and to be honest, I need to post this, so it's out there.  You know, "on record", so to speak. My eating is not anywhere near healthy, and I kick myself every time I go out and run- KNOWING that if I ate better, I would be better at running.  Yes, my legs resemble the stumps of cut-down oak trees (very short ones) and they'll never be "long and lean". However, I could be stronger, faster, and feel better if I would make a few more changes to my eating habits!  

wannabe. That word comes to mind all the time for me.  In fact, I'm a little sick of that word.  I am tired of wanting- I'm ready to take the next step.  Wanting isn't getting me anywhere.

So, a workout schedule?  Maybe a commitment like that would be a good place to start.  I need to get a menu going (that would be a step in a healthier direction... you know, cutting out fast food 4 times a week), but I still haven't gathered the courage for it yet.

What the heck did I just say?! I need COURAGE to make a menu?!?

I do have supper in the crock pot tonight! Yippee!!  We're having Crockpot Catalina Apricot Chicken. I've never had/made it before, so I'll have to let you know how it tastes!  

Do any of you struggle with these things, or can you identify with this inner-battle??  I'd love to hear your feedback, advice, comments, kicks in the butt... you know, whatever you feel like throwing out there- feel free to leave it in the comments section!

No comments:

Post a Comment